OverDrive is a digital platform where you can borrow e-books and e-audiobooks. This collection has both Fiction and Non-Fiction titles, and can be useful for academic classes, particularly English.
You can access the Overdrive digital titles two ways:
- You may see one come up in search results in Primo, through a CCC Library web page search. If you do, you can click the link for NNYLN Overdrive. This will open up a new tab for the New York Academic Libraries Overdrive web page. Log in using your CCC id/pw and you can borrow the item to read on your computer/device.
- You may also download the Libby, by Overdrive app on your phone or tablet and then access the titles through the app. Specific directions for using the Libby app are in the box to the right.
Keep in mind:
- If you do not see the large link for BORROW, then the title is already checked out and you can place a hold on it.
- Ebooks can also be downloaded and read on a kindle. Choose that option when you are downloading the book, and you will be re-directed to your Amazon account and will complete the download there.
- For additional help, check out the Libby Help web site: https://help.libbyapp.com/en-us/index.htm?tocpath=Home%7C_____0
Questions? Email our E-Resources Librarian: firstname.lastname@example.org