PHASE I: The Discovery Phase
Collect background information in order to understand how a topic is being discussed.
1. Evaluate the Information is it an assignment? A final project? A personal inquiry?
2. Identify a topic, ideas, and/or subject you would like to know more about & Evaluate
3. Background Research! & Evaluate
4. Narrowing the scope/focus of your research with more focused background research & Evaluate
5. Formulate a Research Question or Working (Hypo)thesis & Evaluate
PHASE II: The Information Seeking Phase
You have a well-focused research question and you're ready to search and locate resources and information to answer your question.
6. Find Resources & Evaluate
7. Gathering Information/evidence from your Resources & Evaluate
8. Conduct an Experiment & Evaluate
9. Analyze and Interpret the Information Gathered & Evaluate
10. Come to a Conclusion & Finalize your Thesis or argument & Evaluate